Precise. Robust. High-level.
Bosch Sensortec Environmental Cluster (BSEC 1.x)
Higher-level signal processing and fusion for the BME680
BSEC library provides higher-level signal processing and fusion for the . The library receives compensated sensor values from the . In order to fully provide the requested sensor outputs, Bosch Sensortec environmental cluster processes the BME680 signals and combines them with the additional phone sensors. The BSEC library offers a complete, easy to integrate software fusion solution out of one hand and thus eliminates the need for own fusion software development.
BSEC precisely performs several calculations outside the device such as ambient air temperature, ambient relative humidity, pressure and air quality (IAQ) level. Besides health monitoring, well-being (warning regarding dehydration / heat stroke), home automation control and HVAC applications, BSEC supports a broad range of further applications, e.g. gaming, indoor and outdoor navigation and many more:
- Health monitoring/ well-being (warning regarding dehydration / heat stroke)
- Home automation control
- Control heating, venting, air conditioning (HVAC) applications
- Gaming applications like flying toys
- Internet of things applications
- Context awareness
- Enhancement of GPS navigation (e.g., time-to-first-fix improvement, dead-reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (floor detection, elevator detection)
- Outdoor navigation
- Leisure and sports applications
- Weather forecast
- Health care applications (e.g. spirometry)
- Vertical velocity indication (e.g. rise/sink speed)
The software is supported in 32, 16 and 8 bit MCU platforms. More information and the possibility to download the environmental lib can be found here.