BME680 is an integrated environmental sensor developed specifically for mobile applications and wearables where size and low power consumption are key requirements. Expanding Bosch Sensortec’s existing family of environmental sensors, the BME680 integrates for the first time individual high linearity and high accuracy sensors for gas, pressure, humidity and temperature. It consists of an 8-pin metal-lid 3.0 x 3.0 x 0.95 mm³ LGA package which is designed for optimized consumption depending on the specific operating mode, long term stability and high EMC robustness. The gas sensor within the BME680 can detect a broad range of gases to measure indoor air quality for personal well being. Gases that can be detected by the BME680 include Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) from paints (such as formaldehyde), lacquers, paint strippers, cleaning supplies, furnishings, office equipment, glues, adhesives and alcohol.
- Indoor air quality measurement
- Personalized weather station
- Context awareness, e.g. skin moisture detection, room change detection
- Fitness monitoring / well-being
- Warning regarding dryness or high temperatures
- Measurement of volume and air flow
- Home automation control (e.g. HVAC)
- GPS enhancement (e.g. time-to-first-fix improvement, dead reckoning, slope detection)
- Indoor navigation (change of floor detection, elevator detection)
- Altitude tracking and calories expenditure for sports activities
Today it's possible to regulate the lighting, heating and various home appliances in your home? Billions of objects are becoming connected to the internet, including vehicles, homes, machines and many other things that make up our everyday lives. MEMS sensors are able to measure temperature and control devices, e.g. sound an alarm when a measured object overheats.
The BME280 is an integrated environmental sensor developed specifically for mobile applications. The unit combines sensors for pressure, humidity and temperature in an metal-lid 2.5 x 2.5 x 0.93 mm³ LGA package.
BMP280 is a barometric pressure sensor especially designed for mobile applications. The sensor module is housed in an extremely compact package. Its small dimensions and its low power consumption allow the implementation in battery powered devices such as mobile phones, GPS modules or watches.